Bush Fire Protection
BUSHFIRES ARE HERE AGAIN!
PROTECT YOUR HOME WITH THE STRONGEST AND SAFEST STEEL GUTTER PROTECTION
Call today on 1300 888 743
Certified 0 (zero) fire rating from CSIRO
Complies to the requirements of the NSW Rural Fire Brigade
Not all gutter guards are the same. Here at The Leaf Man we strive tirelessly to produce the strongest & most effective gutter protection.
Not only should you gutters be covered in Bush Fire Areas but you need to ensure that your roofline is sealed off as well
With our unique and specialized gutter guard & fitting systems, The Leaf Man gutter guards do just that.
We have produced our guard in accordance to the requirements of the NSW Rural Fire Brigade which are detailed below:
Where gutters and valleys are required to be ‘leafless’, the following design principles shall be applied:
- Gutters and valleys shall be covered with a non-combustible mesh with a maximum aperture of 5mm to prevent leaves entering the gutter and valleys;
- The mesh shall be installed to ensure no gaps between the gutter and the roof space greater than 5mm;
- The mesh is securely fixed with materials that can withstand the expected radiant heat flux and to prevent sagging
Here’s the best way to help keep your home fire safe this and every bushfire season
It is predicted that Australia is about to enter one of the most severe bush fire seasons.
It is essential that you and your family are prepared. The message from the Rural Fire Service is to:
Prepare. Act. Survive.
The Leaf Man has been helping Australians to protect their homes from bush fire for over 14 years.
How does The Leaf Man Gutter Guard help to protect my home from bush fire?
The Leaf Man Gutter Guard is installed on to your gutter and has been designed to leave no gaps between your gutter and your roof line. It ensures that your roof line is sealed off and in turn helps to protect your roof as well as your gutters from flying embers.
What makes The Leaf Man Gutter Guard the best option for my home?
The Leaf Man Gutter Guard has been granted from the CSIRO a zero flammability certificate – this means that there is 0 chances that it will become flammable in a fire – unlike other gutter guard products made from aluminum or plastic. The Leaf Man Gutter Guard will not ignite or melt under intense heat and is anti-corrosive. Hot embers landing on The Leaf Man Gutter Guard will simply burn out.
Of course the intensity of a bushfire is hard to predict – Protecting your gutters is one step of your families bush fire survival plan.
Your family’s Bush Fire Survival Plan
We have compiled the following list of information to help you prepare the best you can for the approaching bush fire season. The information follows and compliments the guidelines of the Rural Fire Service. PREPARE
- Ensure your gutters are clean form debris. Gutters without any gutter guard protection will need to be cleaned weekly.
- Immediate installation of The Leaf Man Gutter Guard onto your gutters will protect your gutters and roof line. Only roofs with steel gutter guard installed are classified as ‘constructed for bushfires ’*The Leaf Man only installs steel gutter guard
- Ensure your yard, including all paths on the sides of your home are free from flammable material, dry leaves and twigs
Prepare your Bush Fire Survival Plan* (click the link to download)
- A thought out plan that has been discussed with your family and written down ensures that everyone will know what to do in the event of a fire.
- Become familiar with the new bush fire ratings
- SEVERE – only well prepared homes may provide shelter
- EXTREME – At extreme it may be dangerous to stay in any home which is not constructed for bushfires. Homes need to have steel gutter guard to be in this category
- CATASTROPHIC – means that the potential for loss of lives is very possible. The recommended option is to leave early
ACTBecome familiar and follow the new fire warnings*
- ADVICE means fire is in your area stay up to date
- WATCH AND ACT MEANS a bush fire is approaching. Put your bush fire survival plan into action.
- EMERGENCY WARNING means a fire is about to impact. Any delay puts your life at risk
*information from the Rural Fire Services www.rfs.gov.au