You wouldn’t have found gutter guard on many peoples wish list for Christmas. But you will find many holiday home-owners putting off the dreaded task of cleaning out their gutters. Rather than climb that rickety ladder, you may decide to finally invest in a solution. But now you have another problem. Which gutter protection for your home? Which is the right gutter guard company for you?
Here are some steps to make it easier for you.
1. Choose a reputable gutter guard company that has been in business for at least 10 years
2. Choose a solid product that will last the distance.
3. Choose a quality gutter protection product manufactured in Australia – products made off-shore can vary greatly in quality with each despatch.
4. Choose qualified and insured gutter guard installers – ask to sight their insurances. All installers who work on a roof must have a height safety card, public liability, workers compensation. If they’re not insured – neither are you – and you may be liable for their injury.
Make sure the gutter guard company they represent stands behind them. Here today gone tomorrow companies with no responsibilities for preferred installers say it all!
5. Choose a gutter mesh product that suits your requirements – not “the best” product which happens to be their only product! All roofs are not created equal and most require exacting fitting.
6. Be wary of companies that copy others. Similar names and similar products all reek of disgruntled ex-employees who have issues – don’t make them yours!
7. And be wary of companies who insist on a maintenance program. That’s a great revenue – maker for them but a hole in the pocket for you!
8. By the same token be wary of those sales people who criticise competitors. Again – you are looking for quality and integrity of product and personal and company.
9. Don’t be pressured into ‘signing up today for that great deal”.
10. Finally, take your time, test the leaf guard product and test the gutter guard company and have a restful summer.