Did you know gutter mesh and harvesting rain go hand in hand? Rain harvesting with a gutter mesh protection system is quite a simple technique. Rain harvestin is the simple process of collecting rainwater from rooftops and other surfaces before it flows down and disappears into the gound and soil. It has become more and more popular over the years however, it is a technique that has been around for years. Gutter mesh and harvesting rain can actually help you with water and energy conservation, making gutter guards a great investment for any homeowner.
Gutter Mesh and Harvesting Rain
Rain harvesting is a very common practice particularly in rural areas of Australia. In these areas the water from the roof is collected and stored in water tanks or dams on the property. Any water that is captures is then used within the home, saving the resident money on water bills. The amount of water you collect is up to you. It’s essential you have a water tank big enough for your property. Those with a large property will probably want a larger water tank. These tanks will continue to store water until it is full.
So, what are the benefits of having gutter mesh and harvesting rain?
1. The reliance on water storage dams is reduced which means you do not have to continue to build or expand dams. The water stored in your storage tanks can be used in cases of water outages and you can have total control over your water supply.
2. It may be possible to reduce the flow of storm water which helps to minimize the overflow of storm water drains within your neighbourhood therefore, preventing flooding. You can save the water and use it whenever it is required.
What do you do with harvested rainwater?
1. The rainwater can be used for a number of jobs around the home. You may wish to use the rainwater to wash your vehicle or refill your swimming pool. You can also use it for indoor non-potable use in things like the toilet.
2. In rural areas, the rain water can be collected and used for irrigation. Even in smaller cities, you can use the collected water on your lawn and gardens.
3. If you ensure the water is properly disinfected and filtered, you can also use this water for potable purposes. (Potable water is drinkable water)
If you would like to learn more about how our gutter mesh can help you with harvesting rain and collecting rainwater in your tanks, contact us at The Leaf Man Australia today.