Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean are always well received by homeowners. Most people despise gutter cleaning. But if you want to protect your home from water damage, then it’s critical to the maintenance of your home.
So here are eight Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean that will make the whole ordeal that little bit easier.
Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean
1. Make sure you have a good ladder. A freestanding ladder is fine if the ground around your home is level but you’ll often find there is uneven ground around your home and therefore an extension ladder is necessary. When cleaning your gutters be sure to lead the ladder against a solid surface and not the gutters themselves, otherwise, the gutters will buckle and bend.
2. Save yourself extra work. By tossing the gutter debris onto the ground below and leaning it up later your giving yourself double the work. Try putting a bucket on a hook and attaching it to the underside of your ladder and fill it up before climbing down the ladder to put bucket-fulls into a bag below. While it seems more tedious it will save you time in the long-run.
3. Wear gloves. One of the most important Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean is to make sure you are safe! Scraping out wet leaves and debris with your bare hands isn’t smart. You’ll risk cutting your hands on sharp metal edges. That’s why a good, broken-in pair of work gloves is recommended for gutter cleaning.
4. Use the right tools. If you’re not too keen on using your hands to clean your gutters invest in a gutter scoop to clean them out. A Gutters Scoop basically a plastic spade that fits into your gutter to get all of the debris out. You can buy them at most hardware stores.
5. Alternatively, if you don’t mind spending a little money, then you can buy yourself a nifty gutter vacuum that will eliminate much of the grunt work involved with gutter cleaning. A gutter vacuum lets you use an extendable pole to suck dry twigs and leaves out of your gutter and into the base unit.
6. Use water pressure. Another alternative to your gutters. There are systems available that let you hold a telescoping wand and direct high-pressure water inside your gutters. If your gutters aren’t too clogged, a garden hose and a ladder might do the trick as well.
7. Unclog your downspouts. Squeaky-clean gutters don’t mean a thing if runoff water can’t flow through your downspouts. So, as part of your gutter cleaning routine, be sure to flush out your downspouts to eliminate clogs and blockages. If a stubborn obstruction won’t respond to water pressure, you may have to remove the downspout and use a long pole to unclog it.
8. Install Gutter Guards. This is one of our TOP Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean. Gutter Guards are the most effective way to make Gutter Cleaning easier or better still, to not have to do it at all! Installing gutter guards helps keep debris out of your gutters while allowing water to drain into and flow through them. Gutter guards may cost you some money, but the plus side is you will rarely have to clean your gutters again!
If you would like more information or Tips To Keep Your Gutters Clean then Please Contact us.